Children and teens can show off their drawing and creative skills! The TFK Week Poster Design Contest is seeking artwork that shows how tobacco and e-cigarette products can or have impacted the environment, school, peers or families. Youth with winning designs submitted to the Anne Arundel County Department of Health will get a Smoking Stinks drawstring bag, and all submissions will be displayed on the Showcase page of the Smoking Stinks website.
- Submit entries on 8 ½” x 11″ plain white paper. Only one entry per person.
- Make designs colorful! You can draw your design using markers, colored pencils or crayons. Artwork must be original. No clip art or pictures from the internet.
- Please make sure all entries are relevant (tobacco and e-cigarettes related) and do not contain inappropriate content. Entries that are not appropriate will not be considered for the contest. Do not include your name or school on the front of the poster.
- Spell check. Entries submitted with spelling errors will not be judged. Entries must be received by the Department of Health by March 8, 2019.
- Each school or community organization will choose two winners for each age group (elementary, middle and high school). Please note that a participant can only win once in each category. Make sure the entries selected meet all of the criteria. Entries that do not follow the criteria will not be included in the contest judging.
- Click here to download a Submission Form. This form must be filled in and attached to each winning design. A parent/guardian must sign the form for the winner’s first name and first letter of the last name (i.e., “Amy B.”) to appear on the Smoking Stinks website. Only entries from registered schools or groups will be considered.
- Mail or deliver the winning designs to the Department of Health (deadline March 8, 2019), and they will be placed on the Showcase page.
- The Department of Health will select one top countywide winner from three categories: Elementary School (grades K-5), Middle School (grades 6-8) and High School (grades 9-12).
The elementary school winner’s grand prize will include an arts and crafts store gift card and a printed poster of the winning design. The middle school and high school winners will each receive a grand prize that includes a movie theater gift card and printed posters of their designs. Only Anne Arundel County schools and groups are eligible to enter. A top countywide winner cannot be a family member of an Anne Arundel County Department of Health employee.
Sponsored by Smoking Stinks, a Learn To Live program of the Anne Arundel County of Department of Health